So, it seem like Facebook is on everyone’s minds. After the note about SBs+Facebook – Facebook SB users have 4 faces we should be aware of.
Best Segment : I like
1. Facebook loyalist; they have seen the value-add and ROI from utilizing Facebook
2. Open to upgrade and best segment for up-selling opportunities
3. Fully acquainted with Facebook and Facebook pages
4. This segment is Facebook’s lowest-hanging fruits, and has the highest probability of paying for ad-space
2nd Segment: Potential Rising Stars
1. This is a nascent market but the most novice Facebook audience
2. However sees the value of Facebook but efforts haven’t been materialized either in dollar-value, or awareness across the space/fans
3. Though still hopeful, since Potential Rising Stars understand the power of social networking
4. Before losing these folks to user experience, Facebook should be providing guidebooks and freemium applications that can maximize the business
3rd Segment: Nay-Sayers
1. These are Facebook users that haven’t seen any results
2. Unlike Potential Rising Stars they have no hope and have diverted attention elsewhere, which is most probably their website or ebay.com
4th Segment: Social Media, What?
1. There are industries that will never need to or should never enter the social media space. Industries like hedge funds don’t need this avenue since the primary route of funding is through private investors.
2. A certain generation of our time*ahem, baby boomers* who own mom-and-pop shops will never enter the social media for business purposes – for private, maybe. The need to build awareness at this stage for these businesses is long overdue or too much to learn.